Nursing involves taking care of patients suffering from all sorts of physical and psychological problems. Nurses continuously have to monitor the condition of patients. They also assist to a medical specialist, doctors, operation theatres, and clinical laboratories. Other than these general activities, nurses can acquire special events in a particular area such as midwifery, cardiac care, intensive care, pediatrics, and so on.
Other opportunities for qualified nurses include teaching, administration, and research jobs.
What are the various specializations in Nursing course?
1) Cardio-Thoracic Nursing
2) Critical Care Nursing
3) Emergency and Disaster Nursing
4) Neonatal Nursing
5) Neuro Nursing
6) Nursing Education and Administration
7) Oncology Nursing
8) Operation Room Nursing
9) Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Nursing
10) Practitioner in Midwifery
11) Psychiatric Nursing
What cost would it provide in Nursing?
The cost of study in nursing varies from Institution to Institution. Government-owned and aided nursing colleges provide education at a subsidized rate compared with private colleges. The fees for private colleges can range from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1,80,000 per annum. The cost for the GNM course can vary from Rs 45,000 to Rs 1,40,000 per year
What is the Pay Package for Nursing professionals?
Nurses who are new in this profession can earn a monthly salary of Rs 7,000 to Rs 17,000. Mid-level Nurses can earn anywhere from Rs 18,000 to Rs 37,000. Highly experienced nurses can get a salary from Rs 48,000 to Rs 72,000 per month
What are the different roles and different names in Nursing?
1) General nurses: Nurses working in hospitals, nursing homes, and medical establishments. Their primary job is to take care of patients, assist doctors, and perform administrative duties
2) Midwives: Nurses who are primarily involved is to take care of expecting mothers and provide assistance during childbirth
3) Health workers: Nurses who provide medical aid to people living in rural areas
What are the top companies recruit Nursing professionals?
1) The Indian Red Cross Society
2) Indian Nursing Council and various State Nursing Councils
3) Different Nursing Schools and Associations
4) All types of hospitals and nursing homes
5) The armed forces
6) Educational institutions and industries
7) Individual centers such as orphanages, nursing homes.
Tips for getting hired:
1) A degree or a diploma from a reputed nursing college is desirable
2) You have to pay a long time to obtain a specialization in a particular area of treatment
3) Nurses have to deal with medical staff and patients regularly. So you need to have excellent communication skills