Advertising is the art of spreading a message to the masses. Advertisements include commercial products, services, and even draw attention towards social issues. The Indian advertising industry is set to provide a quality job to thousands of individuals in the next few years
Advertising firms employ people from different educational backgrounds. Candidates with professional Degree or Diploma can get a better opportunity in this industry. You could choose from the following courses to get into a specific department:
1) Client Servicing: A postgraduate diploma or an MBA in marketing
2) Studio: Course in commercial art or fine arts (BFA or MFA)
3) Media: Journalism, Mass Communication or an MBA
4) Finance: CA, ICWA, MBA (Finance)
5) Films: Specialisation in audiovisuals
6) Production: A course in printing and pre-press processes.
Is it the right career for candidates?
If you are enthusiastic, naturally driven, creative, optimistic, and effective communication and presentation skills, then advertising is the best career option for you. An Institution help you to develop the following qualities as given below:
1) Effective communication
2) Presentation and Management
3) Team and Leadership skills
4) Stress and pressure management
How much fee is required for Advertising course?
MICA (Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad) would cost you up to Rs 1 lakh per year. But government and some other private institutions, the fee is much lower
What should be your job prospect in this field?
You can hold the post from Advertising like as Advertising Manager, Sales Manager, Public Relations Director, Creative Director, Copy Writer, and Marketing communications manager.
What would be your Salary in Advertising?
A beginner in the creative department usually starts with an average monthly salary of Rs 8,000 to Rs 15,000
What are the different roles and different names in Advertising?
The jobs in this field are categorized into two broad categories given below:
1) Executive: The executive posts include Client Servicing, Market Research, and Media Research
2) Creative: The creative positions include copywriters, scriptwriters, visualizers, creative directors, photographers, animators, and so on.
What are the companies for Advertising in India?
1) Hindustan Thomson Associates (HTA)
2) McCann Erickson
3) Leo Burnett
5) R K Swamy – BBDO
7) Rediffusion Dy and R, Lintas India Ltd
8) Ogilvy & Mather Ltd
9) Mudra Communications Ltd