Textile Engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the garment, color, and fabric line of industries. Textile engineering consists of the law, principles, and scientific techniques that are utilized for the development and manufacturing of the textile.
What are the course types of Textile Engineering?
1) Polytechnic course: The duration of this course is three years, and it can be done after 10+2 level. The examples are Diploma in Textile Technology/ Textile Engineering, Diploma in Fabrication Technology & Erection Engineering
2) Undergraduate course: The duration of this course is four years, and it is usually called the B Tech program. B Tech in Textile engineering
3) Postgraduate course: It is called the M Tech program, and the duration is two years. The types are M Tech in Textile technology, M Tech in Textile Engineering, M Tech in Textile Chemistry
What are the various entrance exams in Textile Engineering?
Graduate-level exams are below
1) JNU: Jawaharlal Nehru University Engineering Entrance Exam
2) BISAT: Birla Institute of Technology and Science examination
3) NIT: National Institute of Technology
4) DCE CEE: Delhi College of Engineering Combined Entrance Exam.
5) BIHER: Bharath University Engineering Entrance Exam
6) AMIE: Associate Membership of Institutions of Engineers.
7) VITEEE: Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance
8) AIEEE: All India Engineering Entrance Examination.
9) AICET: All India Common Entrance Test.
10) IIT JEE: IIT Joint Entrance Examination
11) Uttar Pradesh state entrance exam
Postgraduate level exams are below
1) BITSAT: Birla Institute of Science and Technology Entrance Exam
2) GATE: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
3) AIEEE: All India Engineering Entrance Examination
4) PGECET: Post- Graduation Engineering Common Entrance Test.
5) IIT JEE: IIT Joint Entrance Examination
What are the top Textile Engineering Colleges in India?
1) IIT: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
2) Institute of Information Technology and Management, New Delhi
3) LD College of Engineering, Gujrat
4) College of Textile Technology, West Bengal
5) SSM Institute of Textile Technology and Polytechnic College, Tamil Nadu
6) University of Mumbai, Maharashtra
7) Bannariamman Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
8) Institute of textile technology, Orissa
9) Zail Singh College of Engineering and Technology, Punjab
10) Bengal Engineering and Science University, West Bengal
11) Calcutta University College of Textile Technology, West Bengal
12) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management, Tamil Nadu
13) Jaya Engineering College, Tamil Nadu
14) Amity University, Uttar Pradesh
15) The Art Institutes
16) Department of Textile, IIT Delhi
17) Technological Institute of Textiles, Haryana
18) Anna University, Tamil Nadu
19) DKTE Society’s Textile Engineering Institute, Maharashtra
20) Calcutta University, West Bengal
21) Kumaraguru College of Technology, Tamil Nadu
22) Government Central Textile Institute, Uttar Pradesh
23) MLV Textile Institute, Rajasthan
24) M. S University, Gujarat
What are the various Textile Engineering recruiters?
1) Bombay Dyeing
2) Mysore Silk
3) JCT Limited
4) Lakshmi Mills
5) Reliance Textiles
7) Grasim Industries
8) Arvind Mills Ltd
9) Lakshmi Machine Works
10) Bhilwara Group
11) Rajasthan Petro Synthetics
12) RIL Textiles
13) JCT Mills
14) Mafatlal Denim
15) Raymond Group
What is the Salary of a Textile Engineer?
The salary of fresher in Textile Engineering is in between Rs 30K to Rs 50K per month. The salary increases according to time and experience