Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Tripura, is offered NEC Merit scholarship Tripura for students from Diploma level to Ph.D. level. The award aims to provide financial help to Tripura and North Eastern Region students at a recognized institution.
What are the eligibility criteria needed for getting NEC Merit scholarship?
1) You must be a permanent resident of Tripura
2) Students have to score at least 70% marks for general and 60% marks for SC and ST candidates in the relevant discipline like diploma/degree/PG/M. Phil and Ph.D. courses
3) The annual family income of the family should be less than Rs 4.5 lakh
4) Students who hold this scholarship can not avail any other scholarship
How much amount can each candidate get?
1) For Diploma course: Rs 20,000 per annum
2) For Degree course: Rs 22,000 per annum
3) For PG course: Rs 25,000 per annum
4) For M.Phil/Ph.D: Rs 30,000 per annum
How to apply for NEC Merit scholarship?
1) Visit the National Scholarship portal and navigate to State scholarship and select Tripura and you will see a list of scholarship appear
2) Click on Apply under NEC Merit Scholarship Tripura
3) Click on New Student Registration and read the instruction carefully then Continue
4) Next, you fill all your necessary details and register yourself. You will get Application ID and Password
5) Now login with your ID and password and fill the remaining necessary details. Then you have to upload your documents
6) Finally, you submit the application form
What are the important documents required for getting NEC Merit scholarship?
1) Permanent residence certificate
2) Recommendation by the Head of Institution
3) Undertaking for not availing any other scholarship
4) Marksheets of the qualifying examination
5) Category certificate (if applicable)
6) Copy of Aadhar Card/first page of bank passbook/PAN card/Email id/Ration Card/Birth Certificate etc.
What is the procedure for applying for this scholarship in offline?
1) Download the application form from the website
2) Fill all the necessary details with a black colored ink pen
3) Next, you have to attach all required documents
4) Finally, forward the filled application form along with the documents to the following address:
Directorate of Higher Education
Old Secretariat Building
P.O: Agartala, Tripura West