National Overseas Scholarship for Minority Community Students is for the candidates from graduates, Postgraduates, and Ph.D. courses. The Government of Karnataka provides it. This scholarship aims to provide financial assistance for the minority who wish to go abroad for higher studies
|Who is offering this scholarship?|
The Directorate of Minorities provides this scholarship under the Government of Karnataka
Who can apply for this scholarship?
1) You must be a domicile of Karnataka
2) The applicant must belong to Muslim, Christian, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhist or Parsi community
3) The age of the students must be below 38 years
4) The candidate must have scored 60% marks or equivalent
5) The scholarship is applicable only for selected courses
What are the subjects selected for this scholarship?
1) Automation Robotics, including Artificial Intelligence.
2) Laser Technology.
3) Paper technology.
4) Naval Architecture/Offshore Structures/Architecture in General.
5) Information Technology.
6) Low-temperature Thermal Dynamics.
8) Art Restoration technology.
9) Ceramic and Glass Technology.
10) Dock and Harbour Engineering.
11) Bio-Technology/ Genetic Engineering.
12) Industrial Safety.
13) Petroleum Technology.
14) Aircraft/ Space Engineering.
15) Imaging System Technology.
16) Graphic engineering.
17) Composite materials engineering.
18) Satellite or Remote Sensing.
19) Packaging Engineering/ Technology.
20) Nuclear Engineering.
21) Medicine / Dental / Nursing/Para- Medical.
22) Business Administration/ Management Studies.
23) MPhil/Ph.D. in any area of applied Sciences., Basic Sciences, Cultural and Historical Studies.
What are the benefits of this scholarship?
1) The eligible students can get total award up to Rs 20 lakhs per annum for a maximum of 2 years depending on the annual parental income of the family
2) The amount will cover the cost of the entire course, one side airfare, and simple living expenses
How to apply for availing this scholarship?
1) First, click the given link to download the application form
2) Then fill up all the necessary details to complete the application form
3) Enclose the required documents along with the application form in an envelope name as “National Overseas Scholarship for Minorities.”
4) Now post the application form on the mentioned address below:
Directorate of Minorities,
20th Floor, V.V.Towers, Vidhana Veedhi Road,
Bangalore – 560001
What is the list of documents required for this scholarship?
1) A copy of the Income & Caste Certificate
2) A copy of Income Tax Returns (if applicable)
3) An attested copy of Degree Certificate
4) A certified copy of Indian Passport
5) A personal statement by the candidate
6) A copy of details course fees
What is the Selection process for getting this scholarship?
The candidates are selected through Interview after shortlisting
Whom to and where you contact about this scholarship?
Directorate of Minorities,
20th & 21st Floor,
V V Towers(Main),
Dr. B R Ambedkar Veedhi,
Bangalore – 560001Phone: 080 22535900