Today women and men are walking hand-in-hand at every aspect of life. There is no boundary for women in the workplace. The advent of modern technology, along with education and communication, has given to the women to live with dream and aspiration. There are different career options for women are discussed below:
1) A career as an Air Hostess: This is not only glamorous but also a promising career option which is very popular among Indian women. If you love to talk with people and charming personality, then Air Hostess profession is suitable for you. Being an Air Hostess, you will visit different places and countries.
Educational Institutions: There are many institutions in India for Air Hostess training. Some of the renowned institutes are:
1) YMCA, New Delhi
2) Skyline Educational Insitute, Hauz Khas, Delhi
3) Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, New Delhi
Job opportunity: After successful completion of Air Hostess candidates can find a job in Public and Private Airlines such as Air India, Indigo, Spicejet, etc
2) A career in Advertising: Advertising is one of the vibrant and glamorous fields of profession. In this profession, you must be able to build awareness what’s going around you, and then engage target audience with captivating Ads.
Educational Institutions: Some of the good institutes are as follows
1) Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, (Mumbai, Calcutta, Chennai, Delhi)
2) Centre for Mass Media, YMCA, New Delhi
3) Indian Institute of Mass Communications (IIMC), New Delhi
4) KC College of Management, Mumbai
5) Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad. (MICA)
6) Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
7) St. Xavier’s College of Communications, Mumbai
Job Opportunity: After completing the course, you can find a job in Ad Agencies, Radio, Channels, Media Houses, E-Commerce Stores, FMCG companies, and PR agencies.
3) A career in Fashion Designing: Fashion Designing is the hottest career option nowadays. Fashion has become an integral part of everyone’s life in this modern society.
Educational Institutions: The list of top institutes offering courses as follows
1) CEPZ Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
2) J D Institute of Fashion Technology (various cities)
3) National Institute of Fashion Design, Calcutta.
4) National Institute of Fashion Technology at New Delhi, Mumbai, Calcutta, Chennai, Banglore, Hyderabad, and Gandhinagar
5) Pearl Acadamy of Fashion, New Delhi.
6) Sophia Polytechnic, Mumbai
Job prospects: A skillful and talented fashion designer can find a job in apparel companies, export houses, and the raw material industry as a stylist or designer. Also, you can start your boutique after a few years of experience.
4) A Career in Journalism and Mass Communication: The profession of journalism and mass communication is challenging and adventurous. Nowadays, more and more women are joining this profession of it provides job satisfaction and fame on the same hand.
1) Indian Institute of Mass Communication, IIMC, New Delhi
2) Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
3) Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
4) Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Poona, Pune
5) Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
6) New Delhi YMCA, New Delhi
7) Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan, Delhi & Mumbai
Job Opportunity: Mass Communication graduates can find employment in various Newspapers, Magazines, News Agencies, News Websites, Government and Private News Channels, and Radio stations. Other than this, International newspapers and news channels offer a large number of vacancies.
Here I am trying to discuss the career scopes of women in different fields. Except for these posts nowadays, many positions are created according to the growing industries. Women and Men both are suitable for those posts