Aeronautical Engineering is the field of engineering concerned with the study, design, and development of operating aircraft or flight-capable machines. This course trains a student in construction, designing, testing, and analysis of commercial or military aircrafts, missiles, and spacecraft.
What are the eligibility criteria needed for Aeronautical Engineering?
Students who have completed 12th board standard or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics combination are eligible to apply for the entrance exam of Aeronautical Engineering. The students who are appearing for 12th exam are also eligible to apply.
Students in the age group between 17 to 25 years are only eligible to apply.
What are the different entrance exams for admission to Aeronautical Engineering?
2) The Indian Institute of Aeronautics (IIA) Entrance Exam
3) IISAT Admission Test (IIST, Thiruvananthapuram)
4) Delhi University Combined Entrance Examination (CEE)
5) Hindustan University Entrance Test (HITSEE)
6) SLIET Entrance Test (SET)
7) JEE exam conducted by the IIT’s
8) SRM Engineering Entrance Examination (SRM EEE) Admissions
For Master degree program you have to go through the exams below
1) Sathyabama University ME Entrance Exam
2) Punjab Engineering college Ph.D. Entrance exam
3) Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
What are the top Institutions for Aeronautical Engineering?
1) Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Technology, Gurgaon
2) Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Technology, Nagpur
3) Guru Nanak Engineering College, Hyderabad
4) Flytech Aviation Academy, Secunderabad
5) Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
6) Hindusthan Institute of Technology, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
7) Indian Institute for Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology, Pune (Maharashtra)
8) Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology (H.I.E.T), Chennai
9) Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering, Bangalore (Karnataka)
10) Bharat Institute of Engineering and Technology (B.I.E.T.), Hyderabad
11) Jain University, Bangalore (Karnataka)
12) Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
13) M.L.R. Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
14) M.V.J. College of Engineering, Bangalore
15) M.N.R. College of Engineering, Hyderabad
16) Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
17) Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
18) Sai Flytech Aviation Private Limited, Bilaspur
19) School of Aeronautics, Dwaraka (Gujarat)
20) Sathyabama University, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
21) Tagore Engineering College (T.E.C.), Chennai
22) Rajasthan Institute of Technology and Engineering Science, Kota
23) Institute of Information Technology and Managements Aeronautical Engineering Training Academy, Pune (Maharashtra)
24) The Indian Institute of Science (IIS), Bangalore
25) V.S.M. Institute of Aerospace Engineering and Technology, Bangalore
26) IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Mumbai
What are the various types of Recruiters in Aeronautical Engineering?
1) Civil Aviation Department
2) Government-owned air services
3) National Aeronautical Laboratory
4) Defence Research and Development Organization
5) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
6) ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization)
7) The Defence Ministries of India
10) Flying Clubs
11) Private airlines
12) Aeronautical Development Establishments
13) Aircraft manufacturers
14) Aeronautical Laboratories
Salary of an Aeronautical Engineer: For fresher, the minimum salary starts from Rs 4 lakh per annum. Experienced professionals can earn more than Rs 10 lakh per annum.