Jewelry designing, manufacturing, and trading have been an integral part of human society for five thousand years and more. Our country is world-renowned for its jewelry and designs from ancient times. Earlier a few select families ran the business of jewelry designing from generation to generation. But the tradition has changed. Nowadays, the industry has commercialized and opened for job seekers.
What is the eligibility criteria required for Jewellery Designing?
Diploma programs in Jewelry designing are available in some of the leading institutes in India. These courses are available after completing graduation in any stream. Also, a good ground in creative arts is a plus point.
What would it cost me for Jewellery Designing?
A one or two-year study program can cost you anywhere around Rs 65,000 to Rs 1,80,000, and short term courses can cost you between Rs 15,000 to Rs 65,000. Scholarships and financial aid are not available for these courses.
What should be your Salary package of Jewellery Designing?
For a starter or newcomer, you can expect a salary of around Rs 7000 to Rs 8000 per month. With experience, it can increase from Rs 18,000 to Rs 20,000 or more. Top-rated designers can quickly gain a salary above Rs 1 lakh a month
What are the Different Roles and Different Names in Jewellery Designing?
1) Jewellery Designer or artist: A professional who is responsible is ideating new jewellery designs and then drawing those designs
2) Goldsmith: Expert in making any standard range of jewellery
3) Fashion Jeweller: One who specializes in designing jewellery for the fashion industry
4) Manufacturer: Runs either a small unit or a mass production house
5) Repair person: A professional who specializes in the art of mending various
6) Lapidary: An expert in a setting of precious and semi-precious stones across multiple jewellery products
Top Companies hire from Jewellery Designing:
1) Renowned jewellery brands such as Tanishq, Swarovski, Nakshatra, Gili
2) Jewellery making and designing units
3) Jewellery shops and showrooms
4) Top-notch goldsmiths
5) Antique and art auction houses
What are the positives and negative factors in Jewellery Designing?
1) The market demand in India for jewellery designers is so high like an evergreen career path
2) Jewellery designing is a highly rewarding profession
1) Job vacancies for jewellery designers are usually not advertised
2) The initial cost of setting up your business is high